Wednesday 11 August 2010

Big Update

Hi everyone,

Upon reading my last blog, I decided it was rubbish, deleted it and am going to write you a new one.

Over the past two months while we've been in Sydney we have been experiencing Aussie life in all kinds of ways. From drifting on the ferry across the harbour to the city, to the busy city bars, surfing from Bondi to Manly and even on to Palm beach (setting for Home & Away - we're never too far from the celebs) and just popping into Mosman for a coffee. Its been a cultural experience very different from those of previous countries - aided by the fact we have spent more that three nights in the place before moving town.

For the last two weeks we've has some Pommy guests Dan and Lathy who flew all the way here just to see our little faces. So we've been living the tourist life's again - been to see the Sydney Swans play Aussie (no)Rules Football, the zoo, the blue mountains, opera house, botanical gardens, more Bondi, more Manly and more bars! Its been flat out.

The guys have headed back home now, Jon's in Melbourne, Jim has landed a job just outside Sydney and I have news of my own. I'm off to take on my own adventure. On monday I head off to Cairns to go get some sunshine, some work, some diving and hopefully not see a single spider. Yeah right. No we haven't all fallen out and want to kill each other, we still live in harmony. But its time for me to do a new thing, I can't stay in one place too long - not these days anyway. So my blogs shall come forth from Cairns, while Jon blogs from Melbourne for the next week and then both he and James from Sydney.

So that should just about bring you up to date. I shall be taking photo's on my own from now on and will try to get some up as soon as possible. Now I have to go out and buy some sun tan lotion and a baseball bat for fending off spiders.

Speak to you from Cairns,

Steve x x

1 comment:

  1. just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.

    Campervan Cairns

    ReplyDelete